- Successfully removed months of wax accumulation in client’s large dehy unit.
- Entire cleaning operation took —13 hours.
- No need to boil off residual cleaning water contamination at restart.
- XYSOL®/dissolved wax sold as condensate = cost recovery.
- No watery, caustic interface to dispose of
- Effectively cleaned contact tower with no need to open the vessel.
- the new Brenntag Process using XYSOL® is safe, simple, fast, and extremely efficient.
- Brenntag can create a scheduled cleaning program with the new Brenntag Process using XYSOL® to ensure meeting ongoing pipeline gas specification.
In a natural gas facility in Utah’s Uintah Basin, our client operator wanted to clean their large (100 MMCFD capacity) dehydration unit with the new Brenntag Process using XYSOL®.
The operator had cleaned the dehy unit using their older water-based field cleaning process about 16 months prior, but performance had declined to the point of requiring another cleaning.
The operator stated that the earlier water-based cleaning process had resulted in several recordable spills, the need for acid and caustic handling, and high costs related to a multitude of personnel and vehicles, spill containment and clean up, large volumes of waste disposal, excessive transport costs, and several days downtime.
The operator stated that the new Brenntag Process using XYSOL® allowed them to return to active gas processing literally days sooner than the old process and at a far lower treatment cost, with zero spills or incidents. Performance improvement allowed the operator to reduce operating temperatures and glycol circulation rates while still easily achieving pipeline water specifications. Following the positive indications of their process comparison, the operator intends to use the new Brenntag Process using XYSOL® for all future dehy cleaning operations in their facilities, significantly lowering HSE risks, costs and increasing efficiency.